“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”— Lao Tzu

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Why Prayer?

This week I get to do something I have a passion for, teaching!  During this Sept 2011 DTS, all of the staff on base here at DP are taking turns speaking this week and I will be speaking on Thursday (not far away!).  The topic that I am sharing about is Prayer, the five main types of prayer: : Blessing and Adoration, Petition, Intercession, Thanksgiving, Praise, a look at King David's prayer life, and finishing up with hearing the voice of God.
 Why teach on prayer, you might ask?  Well, simply put I love it!  I love chatting with God, having His ideas, thoughts and plans revealed.  Sharing life with Him.  I have been challenged to be real with Him and listen to His dreams over my life.  I also love when I see the look in a students eyes when they get "it"...really hear from God and begin to fall deeper in love with Him through prayer.
Prayer should not be regarded "as a duty which must be preformed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed, a rare delight that is always revealing some new beauty." E.M. Bounds
So join me in prayer!  Pray for a passion and love of prayer to be born in the hearts of the students, really in all of our hearts.  May we be known by our love and marked by our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment