“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”— Lao Tzu

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Radiantly Single!

This is a quote that has inspired me over the last few days...
"Not without design does God write the music of our lives.  Be it ours to learn the tune, and not be dismayed at the "rest."  They are not to be slurred over, not to be omitted, not to destroy the melody, not to change the keynotes.  If we look up, God Himself will beat the time for us.  With the eye on Him, we shall strike the next note full and clear.
If we sadly say to ourselves, "There is no music in a "rest," let us not forget "there is the making of music in it."  The making of music is often a slow and painful process in this life.  How patiently God works to teach us!  How long He waits for us to learn the lesson!" -Ruskin
Today is my 30th Birthday and it has been filled with great joy and hope.  When I look back over the last ten years, I am filled with wonder at all the things, places and people that I have met and experienced.  But, one issue comes up continually in life and it is not going away.  The number one question that is asked of me is "Why are you not married?"  Great question!  I am not married because...I am not married yet :)  Until that day comes, I have a choice to live a radiantly single life filled with joy and adventure as a single woman, or I can become bitter that I do not have one of the things in this life that I long for.  So, here in my stake in the ground of life "I will enjoy every day as a single woman as long as that is!!"  I will not fear what I do not know and I will trust God for this area, along with all the rest.  I have been told that my thirties are even more fun than my twenties and I plan on finding out if that is true!  Passionately and radiantly single, but not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment