“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”— Lao Tzu

Friday 11 March 2011

Today is the beginning of the rest of my life...

I know my strengths and weaknesses...and communication is not as strong as I want it to be.  No matter how many times I tell myself to sit down and write about life so that the people who care about me in this world can read it, I don't.  Or, at least not well.  I am just being truthful.  Today marks a turning point...not only did I think about writing, I did!!

I want to use this blog to share about my life here in Belize with Destination Paradise YWAM, to share about my  passion for people and for God, to share about the life I live in community with other staff and students.  I love the way that God loves me and for now He has asked me to move away from many friends and family and say yes to an adventure here in Central America, adding new friends and family.  I don't always know what tomorrow holds, but no matter where we are on this earth or what plans we have made for tomorrow, trusting God is my choice, and I hope your choice too.  His plan is my plan, and well my plan is His plan!  Funny how that works!  Be blessed.  Life with passion is the only way.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I can't wait to read all about your adventures and the wonderful things God has planned for you :)

    Blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for getting this started. I look forward so much to reading it each time you post. I love reading the things you write. In spite of your hesitancy to not write your thoughts and experiences, you have a great gift from God--the gift of expressing yourself well. I remember how profound your poems and thoughts were even as a very young person! Hang in there and keeping putting those words on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allysen,
    Obviously I should have met you before you went off to Belize. Just want to say that your 'About Me' comments could have come from my mouth about me...If only I could help others (especially women) understand just how big our God is and how He loves us...will pray for you daily. Look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete