“When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”— Lao Tzu

Monday 21 March 2011

I have never had a child turn me down for a game of duck-duck-goose...

My new friends who told me that I could
come back everyday forever! 
A few weeks ago during our "mini-outreach" week in the San Pedro community, we spent time working in a local elementary school named New Horizon.  It is always humbling to be in a classroom here in Central America.  There are never enough books and materials or desks for that matter...the teachers do a great job with what they have to work with but with high numbers of children and lack of training it is not an easy job.

It just makes me thankful for the opportunities that I had as a child.  I promise to not complain about the blessing in my life.  Thank you Lord for giving me a beautiful family to grow up in and a great education and now a chance to bless others.  Through the hungry hugs and desire to laugh and play, these children reminded me that each day is a gift, and I want to run full speed around the circle of life and laugh as I slide into my place so that I don't become the next goose.  Stopping to catch my breath, because my passion has taken my breath away!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you still passionately serve every God-given opportunity and have fun while doing it. I know you must be exhausted at times but filled with the contentment of an obedient follower of Christ! Can't wait to give you hugs and kisses soon.

    ReplyDelete